Tuesday, May 22, 2012

So Much to Update!

Oh my goodness I am so sorry it's been so long.
Hmm... I feel like I start every blog post with that.

Well I've got a lot to update and for once I really am making it short and sweet... in way too much pain (joint-wise, not surgery-wise) and too tired to explain every detail.

And away we go!
  • Turns out it WAS infected! But no worries - took some antibiotics and it cleared right up. Good thing I caught it early!
  • Got to take out my own stitches! When I mentioned to the doc that I am a prenursing student, he showed me how to take out one and let me do the rest.
  • No more big icky splint! for a while it was just wrapped but now I can have it open (much to the disgust of my siblings and mom)
  • The scabs have almost all fallen off, leaving a very interesting shaped scar behind.
  • I've been doing OT (occupational therapy) on my finger - just a week ago I couldn't bend it at all - now I can bend 90 degrees at the middle joint (with help from my other hand), about 70 degrees on my own, no help.
That's all I can remember health-wise. I know I'm probably forgetting several things (darn you, brain fog!) but I'll just come back and add if I remember something else.

In the non-health side of my life...
  • Saturday was Senior Prom! I went with my boyfriend of almost three years, Logan - and I also had another date! ;) A special needs boy at my school named Max.
Here's just a couple of the many photos we took that night:

(The last photo is of me and my other date, Max!)

Alright, I know I probably have much more to say...but I guess that will be for another day.

Hakuna Matata!
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment