Wednesday, May 2, 2012

1:11:07:20

1 day, 11 hours, 7 minutes, 20 seconds... that's what the countdown on my phone says. That's how long till I get this painful, annoying, mysterious tumor outta my hand, hopefully for good! Gotta admit I'm a little nervous, just for the pain part, of course (you think I'd be used to the whole pain thing by now, but when you know it's coming, I think it's just human instinct to get a little nervous). But most of all I'll be happy to get it done and over with.

Took off my cute pedicure (don't ask my why, but you can't have any nail polish on at all for surgery, fingers or toes). Updated my dry erase wall-calender for May before I don't have the use of my right hand to write it with. Got caught up on homework (also, did my Senior Portfolio Presentation! So glad it's done and over with! woohoo!) Arranged a ride to get me to church youth group on Sunday night.

Sounds like I'm ready. Just gotta get through Wednesday, then onto Thursday. The pre-op call came in Monday. Check-in is at 9:20am. Surgery is at 11. Nothing to eat after dinner/bedtime. Only water from 3:15am to 7:15am. Nothing, not even gum or mints, after 7:15am...or we have to reschedule. So many rules! So much to remember! Agh.

Can't wait for the Starlight Prom on Saturday :) Hopefully I won't be in too much pain, or on the flipside, not too drugged up, and I'll actually be able to enjoy it. My dress is super princessy. Can't wait to show photos!

Thanks for the kind thoughts (: Should really be a piece-of-cake, no-big-deal, sort of surgery. Will update, left-handed, when I get the chance. Or maybe I'll have Logan or my mom type for me. haha

Now the clock says 1 day, 10 hours, 55 minutes, 52 seconds...

:) Goodnight

1 comment:

  1. Hiya, sorry to hear about your hand but its good that your getting it sorted!! Good luck!! Just wondered if it could be anything from this website, which gives rare EDS symptoms?? Probably not if the doctor dosen't know but worth a look!!
    Tiri xxxxx
    http://www.ehlers-danlos.org/index.php/ehlers-danlos-syndrome-mainmenu-17/8-site-pages/pages/21-symptoms-of-eds

    ReplyDelete