Monday, May 7, 2012

Recovery...

...is a long road.
Pain, pain, pain, is gnawing away at my hand in several places. Slicing and tearing at the surgery site, aching and cramping up my finger joints and wrist in the cast, and pinching a nerve in my thumb, making it tingle with numbness and a quick zing every now and then.

I can feel my stitches wanting to burst when the whole area decides to swell up 5x its size every couple hours. The cast puts so much pressure on it, and it feels like my whole hand is going to pop.

Tomorrow we go back to see Dr. Hanel to fix my cast so it's no longer pressing up against a nerve and making my thumb go numb. We hadn't been expecting to see him again until the 15th, but it will be SO nice to be able to get my cast taken off and wiggle my wrist and fingers, even for just a moment.

But so much to be thankful for! We were able to get a refill on painkillers (thank GOODNESS!) they aren't as strong as the ones before, but they help a little, which is better than nothing!

The Starlight Prom on Saturday was SO much fun! Here's some photos:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3824920671217.165019.1523766058&type=3

I wish I could post ALL the photos. It was FANTASTIC. :) Such a fun event. I definitely overworked myself though, just 2 days after surgery, and paid for it that night / the next day. But it was worth it.

So life goes on. Trying to get back into the swing of things, while only using my left hand. Today at work I tri-folded 50+ invoices, stuffed them into envelopes, and stamped and sealed the envelopes. All with just my left hand! Was pretty darn proud of that.

Sorry to cut this short. Have to go. More to update soon.
Keep on keepin' on :)

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment