Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving

When struggling through life lately, it's been way too easy to get down in the dumps about things...But what has always worked to pick me up is my perspective on life. I look at all the little things I'm blessed with, and I even take not-so-great situations and find the positive in them. It's hard sometimes, but a change in your attitude can really make the difference between your happiness or despair. No matter the conditions you're presented with. Some of the happiest people are the people who are going through hell, while some of the saddest people are the people who have everything they need and want. So, enough lecturing; without further ado, here is my 2012 Thanksgiving thankful list.

----------------------------------------------------------------
I am thankful for...
my mom, dad, sister, brother, my wonderful boyfriend, my cat Noodle, my family's dogs Max and Molly, my closest friends (you know who you are!), this tiny wonderful apartment I get to share with my best friend and soul mate, the little 4 foot christmas tree in the corner, my laptop, my electricity bill because it means I have lights and a microwave to make food, (oh and I'm thankful for the convenience and cheapness of top ramen and frozen meals), I'm thankful to have two jobs (and more opportunities coming!) in this economy, for the comcast bill because it's letting me use facebook and netflix and type this right now, for homework because it means that I'm pursuing my degree, for Logan's TV and xbox and all the furniture he already had that we needed, I'm thankful for all my health problems because they have made me such an empathetic and caring person, for the mysterious "grand plan" Logan has to propose to me even though it makes me impatient, I'm thankful that Taylor had such a fulfilling life and a wonderful impact on people before she passed, for the little getaway trip to Leavenworth than L and I are planning in December, for the Christmas season that is approaching (and for Christmas music that is already on the radio!), for my guitar and my ability to sing, for my shoe collection, for the ability to walk around most days (no matter how painful it is! The fact is I CAN walk), for all my doctors for honestly trying their best, especially for my pulmonologist who has been really trying to help me lately (even though I don't like the breathing treatments and meds she prescribes!), for my geneticist who finally diagnosed me with EDS after years of questioning and misdiagnoses and searching for answers, for Ikea, for snow and winter and cold, for my online support system of people my age facing similar difficulties, for the ability and for the motivation to go out of my way to try and help people, for hot water and showers (some people spend their whole life without these sorts of things!), for my 12am to 12pm shift I get to work on Black Friday because I'll be making money from it, for long talks, late nights, sleeping in on weekends, for pickles and potatoes and cheese and all my other favorite foods, for ice cream and cuddles and Dennys, for having a boyfriend who is supportive and loving and willing to stay up in the hospital with me when I'm in there and can't sleep, for garage sales and puppies, for having somewhere to go for Thanksgiving dinner this year.

----------------------------------------------------------------
I could have gone on, because I can think of many more things I'm thankful for, but I figure I wouldn't bore everyone to oblivion. All I can say is Happy Thanksgiving, and I hope you put things into perspective and find a lot to be thankful for this year (and every day, for that matter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment