Thursday, March 29, 2012

Oh, It's Been MUCH Too Long!

I feel absolutely terrible for waiting so long to write! I kept having more and more to write about over time, yet I just haven't been able to find the time, energy, or brainpower.

Even this is going to be pretty short, and possibly a bit scattered (I'm sorry... but my fatigue has been x10 lately and with that, my brain is foggier than ever). But I do have a lot to talk about, so I must at least briefly hit everything! Sorry to do this... it's very un-blogger-like of me, but I'm gonna have to do a list, because if I don't, it'll just be all over the place - I literally can't think straight with all the pain and fatigue!

So here are some updates/things I've been meaning to chat about....

  • P90X arrived in the mail - started it and am officially 5(?) days in now? Gotta say, it's extremely hard (but not as hard as when I did PT all day, every day, for 4 weeks!) I'm taking it slow though, at my own pace, and just trying my best and taking a lot of breaks. I've had some joint dislocations and subluxations while doing it, but mostly I'm doing a really good job of not pushing past my limits. Can't wait to see results.
  • I've been meaning to talk about Smart Water - I've been hearing a lot of people with dysautonomia talk about how drinking gatorade helps them a lot because of the added electrolytes. Well I tried that for a while, but didn't like how sugary Gatorade was - so I've started drinking Smart Water religiously. It has those added electrolytes and stuff, but it just tastes like plain water! I'll drink at least 33.8 oz. a day (usually more). And I've been upping my salt intake a lot more - and it's been great. I've been getting dizzy a lot less - and my blood pressure is actually coming up above 100! (top #)
  • Last week I had a bit of a heart scare, the paramedics were called to my school and everything...went to the ER...they did an EKG, and even a CT of my chest with IV contrast, because the doctor was of course concerned about the possible aortic rupture that can happen with EDS. But it looked okay, they didn't really know what happened, so I'm gonna follow up with my cardiologist about that.
  • Went to the asthma doctor again...who once again says I probably don't have asthma but he still doesn't know what it is, so we are going to do a 2 hour test where they try to trigger really bad lung symptoms and then run more tests. That should be fun. (Oh and MICHELLE - I brought up the sweat test and the doctor refused! Sorry! I tried)
  • I got a new job! I'm sad to be leaving my old job at the preschool, but it'll be a really good opportunity working my new job at Exchange Press! http://www.childcareexchange.com/

Alright, I'm too tired to finish - remind me to write about the biggest thing tomorrow...too much to explain tonight. In short, I'll be having surgery on May 3rd - details tomorrow! And more life-related and less health-related stuff to come tomorrow as well.

So sorry for my foggy brain - goodnight y'all

<3

-Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jess! So much has indeed gone on! I'm sorry your doctors are being stubborn. They "do know best," after all. *rolls eyes.*

    Take care of that heart of yours! It's so full of love. <3

    I am interested to learn more about your surgery! It's going to take place on my birthday! A good birthday present would be if it has a very good turnout for you indeed.

    Love you, Bendy Buddy! <3

    ReplyDelete